Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tonsillectomy - Day 2

The pain from my gallbladder removal is starting to get better. Getting up and moving around is much easier. I am still stiff but nothing like yesterday.

The tonsillectomy pain started to get worse at around 2:00 this morning. I had eaten some banana baby food and it just started to throb. Don't know if it was from brushing my teeth, the baby food or if I scraped my throat with my pain pill. Either way the pain went away shortly. It is about 6:00 and my throat is feeling about the same as yesterday. I have not missed a dose of pain medication and I really don't plan to.

I have been living off G2 (gatorade). Glacier freeze is my favorite at the moment. I have been drinking water but the doctor told Mark that we shouldn't consider it much of a fluid because it has no electrolytes or something like that. I haven't been eating much so I drink those Special K protein shakes. They are pretty good at keeping me satisfied. My parents, bless them, brought us over some supper last night. I ate some Denny's chicken noodle soup (my favorite) and some saltines soaked in the broth. Amelia would dip crackers into the broth and feed them to me. She had been pretty upset when she couldn't get on my lap earlier. Mark tried to explain that I had owies and I can't play.

She was in such a good mood last night. Mark asked her if she wanted to watch baseball with him. Of course she did. The Knudson sports gene obviously did not skip a generation. One day she walked by the tv while Mark was watching a Twins game and she looked at the tv and started chanting "go, go, go!" with her arm up in the air.

I think it is about time for a short nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment