Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tonsillectomy - Day 3 Recap

It is 2:45 am on Day 4 but Day 3 was not a very good day.

I slept the whole night with the exception of waking up and taking pain meds which meant I was not drinking as much as I should have been. I ended up with migraines all day which also meant I was nauseous all day, too. Thank goodness for the nausea medication. It got used a lot. Oddly, my throat hasn't been causing me many problems. I ate some pork roast and mashed potatoes last night for supper. I had to stop because the pain was getting bad but I am really surprised by how much I can eat and drink.

I had a pretty nasty wakeup call about an hour ago. I woke up coughing (not uncommon) and my throat started hurting BAD. I went to look at the last time I took my meds and I was 1 hour and 15 minutes overdue. Now I realize why people advise not to fall behind on medication. Luckily the percocet kicked in quick.

Amelia is sleeping on an air mattress in my parent's room. She is doing amazingly well considering this is her first time not in a crib or pack-n-play. I think I may have heard her cry once but it didn't last long. Looks like it may be time to talk about turning the crib into a toddler bed.

Well, another 1/2 hours and I can have more meds. Gonna watch a little tv and go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment