Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2 of 4

This weekend we had my family's Christmas. I took off early on Friday so I could get a few things made. Amelia took a nap after I came home so it was the perfect time to get my stuff done. I made chocolate covered PB ritz, thin mints, chocolate and white bark covered pretzels, round pretzels with peppermint kisses melted in them, peppermint bark and I think that is it. But I got a lot done. Then we went to see Santa. She refused to let go of me but when I told her that Santa gave her candy and she needed to thank him, she stopped whining, looked at Santa and in her sweetest voice said "Thank you, Santa." As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she continued whining and clinging to me. At least she is polite.

The weekend went great. We played games and had a lot of fun. My dad was sick so he didn't have that much fun but the rest of us did.

We went shopping on Saturday and I picked up some pink shelves that are perfect for Amelia's room. Don't you love it when you come across things and it seems like fate that you did. That has been happening a lot for my choices for Amelia's room. I was showing my mom a different lamp and was in the process of telling her what I would with it when I turned the corner and found a lamp identical to the one I was describing. It was a $25 lamp on sale for $12.50 with a pull cord (which is what I wanted) and it turned out to be a perfect fit for her room. I set out without a real style and ended up with turquoise, black and bright pink throughout her room. She is only two so I am constantly in the process of cleaning it out and packing stuff away but it is slowly coming together and I love it more every time I find something like my lamp or my shelves. It will probably take awhile but I can't wait to see the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment