Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I have been pretty busy lately. I am actually talking on the phone with my sister while I write this.

This past weekend Amelia and I were once again on the road to my hometown and my dad's hometown. Since Mark was working both Saturday and Sunday, it was just us and the rest of my immediate family. First order of business was my hometown to decorate for my aunt's 51st birthday. We rushed to get the decorations hung and the balloons blown up and put in bunches(note: buy balloons made for helium. The balloons included in the tank were a life saver because the other ones exploded whenever we started to fill them). Then we hit the road again.

We went to see my grandparents in my dad's hometown. It is always slightly bittersweet. They are now in a nursing home and my grandpa, who suffered a stroke years ago, is now almost completely lost in the world of Alzheimer's and dimentia. He loves my daughter and this visit, she seemed to realize who he was. She was calling him "papa". She gave him hugs and kisses and even sat with him (with my brother helping my grandpa support her). She loved my grandma, too. Even though we had to cut our visit short I felt it was one of the best.

Back to the party we went (seriously, we were rushing). And it went really well. We had a great turnout and I got to see most of my family including my other grandma. Then we were on our way home again. We got back to town around 2:00 a.m. It was a great but LONG day.

Tonight I am relaxing with a beer, watching Mad Men then afterward, off to bed. Seems like a fitting end to a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment