Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are back home from Minnesota. We had a lot of fun. We took Amelia to the Aquarium at the Mall of America on Saturday and she had a B-L-A-S-T. Then Mark and I took in a Twins game and I was in awe of Target Field. Especially with the bathrooms. I can't help it. I hate waiting in lines and I only had to wait in line once. ONCE!!!! It wasn't even for more than a minute or two...amazing. I don't know how it used to be since this was my very first game but I know how it gets at the civic center here in Bismarck and it isn't fun. One of the bathrooms I used even had a water saving feature. You know, the ones that you flush one way for #1 and the other for #2 (and they actually used those terms) which I paid no attention to until I was leaving. Oops. I wasted water.

On our way home we stopped by Albertville. Let me tell you, Mark was thrilled. Okay, he wasn't but I was. I picked up a Hurley t-shirt and a Calvin Klein outfit for Amelia for $22 total. Like, for both, together. But then Mark taught Amelia to say "Hurry up, Mom". Let's just say, even though it was really cute how she said it, I was not amused, even though it made me laugh every time.

Then we got Burger King in our sites. Amelia has actually been eating chicken nuggets so we stopped for a quick lunch. What ever happened to a kid's menu. They had one sign that advertised a mac and cheese with what looked like apple fries and a bottle of milk. I had to ask what else besides mac and cheese was available. I was told a list and chose the chicken fries. Expecting chicken fries, apple fries and a bottle of milk, you can imagine my surprise when I see that I get a cup and no choice of milk, french fries and chicken nuggets. Not that I was against any of that, it is fast food after all. I was just annoyed that they advertise/tell you one thing but give you another.

The drive home was long and extremely rainy but we made it and now it is housework catch up time. Better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment