Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Enough about that

tonsillectomy. I am almost over it...three weeks later and my throat is still sore, I make snorting noises when I drink stuff and all sorts of other weird stuff. But I am ready to put it behind me. So from now on I will try not to talk about the nasty disgusting stuff or whine about how I still have a sore throat.

We have been pretty busy. Mark has been working a lot and last weekend we had to leave him behind when we went to my sister's house for a party. We had so much fun. Amelia loved it out in the country. She could run and play with the kitties and the puppies. She helped pick green beans, peas, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots and strawberries and even ate part of a carrot, some peas and a bite of the strawberrry. I got lots of great pictures. It was so good to just get away for awhile. It was relaxing. I had to call it an early night because the smoke from the fire was irritating my throat and sinuses. I would say more but I vowed not to discuss it in my previous paragraph.

Unfortunately my early to bed did not last long. I got up to use the bathroom and heard my family in the kitchen cleaning at 2:00 a.m. so I decided to go help them, then when I finally got back to bed at 3:00 a.m. I shut the door and woke Amelia up. Because of my gallbladder removal (ha, didn't vow not to talk about THAT surgery) I was concerned about having to lean over the pack-n-play to put her back in. I ended up recruiting Brandi to put her back to bed. The only problem...Amelia was not having anything to do with going back to sleep. We didn't get her down until 5:00 a.m. and for the next 1/2 hour I had to tell her to lay down because I was right next to her. Needless to say, I was tired. And I still am. I am thinking it is time for bed now, too. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment