Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Baker Blood

Yesterday Mark, Amelia and I set out for Papa's Pumpkin Patch. The day was beautiful, the wasps thought so, too but we did our best to ignore them. One of them almost parished beneath my hand. I was nice and let him go. Instead of running away screaming like I normally do, I decided to do the "mature" thing and stand there, close my eyes and wish them away. It seemed to work for the most part. I did regress a couple times but the stares from the other people reminded me to stop, close my eyes and wish them awaybrought me back to "maturity". (I don't know why that is in quotes).

Other than that, we had such a good day. She rode a pony...twice. Once with me and once with Mark. I didn't think that she would at first but then she proved she had some Baker blood in her veins.

For those of you who don't know me or my family, my grandpa loved his horses. So, he passed on a love of horses to all of his family. It's kind of our thing. Don't take that the wrong way, I wouldn't know the first thing about taking care of a horse but I love them. When I see a horse, I think of him and that is a pretty special thing. My daughter loving the the ponies makes it that much more special.


She is a very serious rider, can you tell? :)

Mark also took her to the top of a hay bale "mountain". She loved that, too. I stood at the bottom taking pictures.

You see her sweatshirt? Everyone thinks she's a boy all the time. But she loves it. It has a football on it (for Mark) and the year I was born. Also, her favorite color right now is orange (I think it is because she thinks it is fun to say). So it was pretty much a perfect pick for her.

Last night we ordered her halloween costume and winter coat/snow pants. I told her we were going to go snowmobiling again this winter. She threw her arms in the air and screamed "Yay". I have a feeling she could be a daredevil.

No comments:

Post a Comment